2016-2017 Position Openings
The following positions are currently open to University of Oxford members. Apply here.
· Acts as a focal point for organisation aspects of events which may include seminars, lectures, workshops and conferences as well as supporting launches of Gulf Affairs issues.
· Liaise with speakers, partnering organisations and participants for events as necessary.
· Assist in developing programme for events.
· Assist in the organisation of how events will be recorded.
*Priority to St Antony’s College members
· Keep up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
· Prepare quarterly account statements for senior member.
· Assist in developing fund raising strategies.
· Prepare application forms and related documents for various funding opportunities such as grants and sponsorship requests.
· Assist in outreach efforts for prospective sponsors.
Assists in final preparation of documents (especially Gulf Affairs) prior to production which includes:
· Ensuring consistency of formatting such as with layout, spacing, headings and sub-headings.
· Ensuring all content adheres to style-guide.
· Ensuring correct format of referencing.
· Double checking accuracy of names, places and organizations, as well as fact checking dates, statistics and other information as appropriate.
* Position requires prior experience in copyediting
Marketing and Distribution Officer
· Create linkages with institutions and assist in dissemination efforts for Gulf Affairs and other publications.
· Build database for distribution of printed and online material.
· Build awareness on OxGAPS events and activities.
· Help boost contributions and participation rates.
· Work specifically to promote OxGAPS events among undergraduates in consultation with the Communications Manager, relevant faculties, college JCRs and other undergraduate societies.
· Help promote OxGAPS on social media to undergraduates.
· Help boost participation rates of undergraduates in OxGAPS events.
*Open to undergraduates only